Does your mom give you unsolicited parenting advice?

dharmagirl

Asked by dharmagirl at 8:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• All the time. I usually only listen if it comes to a health issue. She IS a nurse.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no, my mom is dead. i wish that she could give me some advice....when i ask my dad anything it's "i don't know....."
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yep. she tells it like it is, whether I want to hear it or not.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• She has tried and now knows better:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I give my adult daughters suggestions and other options they may not have considered but the final decision is their's

Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• She tries to but I never listen to her since she received a F in parenting
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• She has in the past, but has learned what is constructive and what isn't. She is a great sounding board for me since she has raised five children. I call her all the time when my son is having some kind of medical issue (non threatening/serious) that I need advice on.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I might give my adult daughter more unsolicited advice than my mom does me any more... my dad gives his opinion entirely too often and it does cause friction. I try and honor my parents but sometimes have to tell him that he needs to step out. He's notorious for injecting his thoughts in front of my 9 yr old who has Huntington's disease and has multiple mental illnesses as a result. It makes life VERY hard with and for her.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• sure does, sometimes it is great--other times it is annoying. I just let her know when I have it handled and she is respectful about it.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Never. She is the best mom in the world and never judges or puts her two sense in. If I ask for advice shell give it but she NEVER butts in. Now my MIL is a diff story! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011