Engagement question

I feel like I want to get engaged and start our marriage. But hes worried that he cant provide for us as a family. Me, him, 4yr old and we want a baby in the next few years. He says hes hesitant because he wants to be 100% sure he can provide for all of us in case it comes to that. I have a good job and a college education. Im not worried about the money but he wants to get me a beautiful ring and a dream wedding. I want a marriage. Is waiting for more money a good reason to put off engagement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you guys should wait because life is short, if you guys love each other things shouldn't matter. My husband and i just got married to tell you the truth we didn't have much, no we didn't have a wedding that cost thousands of dollars. u know what we are happy as a married couple. so you debate with your fiance. n tell him things don't matter to you n you can hardly wait to spend the rest of your life with him if he truly loves you he will do as you wish.good luck
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No. Because even if you have more you, or he, will think he needs more. And if you want a baby together why wouldn't a marriage be the first thing? There will always be hard financial times, ups and down. You don't need an over the top wedding, take that money and buy a home...I mean you can have a nice wedding and not spend thousands upon thousands of dollars. I agree with you. As for a ring, uhhh, they finance them just like everything else. We paid for my ring in a year...just how it was.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Did you ask him how much he has put in the savings for the ring and dream wedding? He shouldn't be paying for the wedding anyway, your parents should. I'd be putting that ring on layaway and tell him it's your dream to get married so a trip to the courthouse would work!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no but it all depends you you want a marriage or to be married ? there is a difference
    page101

Answer by page101 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011