Emetiphobia *fear of throwing up*

This is not for those who don't like to get sick, because nobody does...This is for the people who have this fear, and it affects their daily lives. Does this fear prevent you from having more children? Also, if anyone has even gotten over this fear, how did you do it?
I have had this since I was 8yrs old. I do not get sick, period. The last time I did was on 12/23/05 when I was pregnant with dd. Before that, it was YEARS and YEARS. I can pinpoint every single time in my life it's happened, expept for infancy. Any others out there? Do you also get panic, or anxiety when you feel too full? Do you have any other phobias?

kaileymom79

Asked by kaileymom79 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• wow, I didn't know this was areal fear! I have horrible anxiety about this, which just makes it worse. I cannot go out to eat in public. It is difficult.
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My husband suffers from the same thing, he actually take phenergren to keep himself from throwing up. If you ever figure out how to overcome the fear please let me know. He is worried about when we do have children about them throwing up and how he will handle it. Sorry I don't have any advice for you though.
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No idea but here is a Bump for you. Hope you will find the answer soon.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011