what would u do?

ok so my husband and me had plans to stay at home and have a few drinks on new years eve to bring in the new year. I thought it would be a good ideal because our marriage has been on the rocks and i thought some alone time would do some good. We have a eighteen month old daughter that my mom watched for us. Around eight oclock one of my husbands friends came over from the bar to have a drink and then leave back to the bar, well half a bottle of tequilla later they wanted to both go to the bar i didn't but not wanteing to spoil his fun i said go ahead hun but please be home by one thirty so we could have some time. Which i didn't think was that bad i also told him to get a cab home well one thirty came n went no husband four oclock no husband six oclock no husband no phone call. T eight in the mornin my husband is poundin on the door to get in because he didn't take his house key what the hell. He said sorry do u think thats good enought i knwo hw didn;t have sex with anyonw but it's like u don't do that to ur wife n i have never and would never do taht to him. What would u ladies do in that situation? O and also we had plans to have dinner at my moms hosue n he was too hung over to go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• sorry this is a tough situation
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my x did that to me each new years...notice he's an x now

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No I don't think "sorry" is enough and I can see why your marriage has been on the rocks. I would be livid if my husband didn't come home until 8 in the morning. Where was he? There is no excuse for a husband and a father to behave that way.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• How disrespectful of him to blow his WIFE off for friends and not call or come home. I think 1:30 am is generous to tell him to come back and spend time with you, and he came home at 8 in the morning? Seriously, I don't think I'd have let him in if it were me. Sorry isn't really good enough here - he should be heartfelt and make it up to you somehow, especially if you're having marital issues!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My EX husband did that to me all of the time- i hung in there for Seven Long Hard Years! your husband was very disrespectful & selfish to you- you deserve alot better than that!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That sucks...what a way to ruin your night trying to have some quality time! It so dispresectful as well .. not showing much concern for your feelings!
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• many guys dont realize how wrong they are. they think a simple sorry will help... but it doesnt. my husband doesnt come home that late and it still bothers me. you wouldnt do that to him so thats what makes it even worse. i stop talking to my friends and if i have extra time i stay home or go to my bestfriend (mom and sister) and it bothers me how he wants to go to his friends and do dumb things. i usually get mad and let it go because i know its going to happen again. i tried talking to him but he said it wasnt his fault i dont like to go out with my friend. i would just let it go.
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Answer by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• WOW! Screw that! I would have been pissed if I got a babysitter for NO REASON! He could of gone out with his friends any other night!!! 8 in the morning? bars close WAY earlier than that! Just an apologyis UNREASONABLE! I'm fuming just thinking about that! angry

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It was definetly wrong , I know you want to go crazy. How could he leave you when u two had plans,His friend should have not popped up and been respectful of your evening .what could he have been doing until 8 am. You have to figure out what would be best for you and the type of husband you have . A sorry might be your husband's ultimate apology. What are you looking for from him?Do u want him to promise to never do that again or what. Some women are quick to say what they will do ,but won't do anything. You need to discuss what you want and what will happen if this were to happen again. Evaluate your marriage and see what is best to help it grow.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 2:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Also you should have been honest and said !Why would you ask me that if we already made plans. It would have been all three of us going out. Instead of telling him no go ahead
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2011