had my first ER experience today...

Son was really weezy and having a tough time breathing wouldn't eat and was screaming at the top of his lungs. We rushed him to the ER where he decided he was hungry and in a very good mood even talked to one of the nurses.....

The husband and I were glad he was okay but we were so mad lol!

He just has a really bad cold....

I know they were shaking their head like....oh boy look at these first timers lol

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 9:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Of course! I would do the same thing though. Better safe than sorry.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree, better find out that he is OK than worry about it. I hope that he feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I took a friend and her 2 month old son in last night for the same symptoms as your child. Turns out he tested positive for RSV. She to is a first timer. I had to even be the one to hold the baby while they did the test and gave him the shot. I can't stand this season.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm a better safe than sorry mom,too. Don't worry about what the doctors and nurses think. It is your child, and you did the right thing!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• that is usually how it goes...i'm glad he is ok and it is definitly better safe than sorry! I have an asthmatic and anytime they are having difficulty breathing it is scary and sometimes hard to tell how bad it is until you get them on the monitor.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Better safe than sorry!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• We had a similar experience when my daughter was little. She was sick for a few days and becoming dehydrated so we took her in. She had been refusing food and liquids. Right after we paid the $50 co-pay, she happily took the popsicle the doctor offered and was fine. Most expensive popsicle ever.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 10:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would have done the same thing. The first er trip is always the scariest. But better safe, than sorry.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011