Can you give me some ideas?

I want to either do an album or a scrapbook for my husbands 50th birthday.
I want to go with a "Through The Years" Them the life and times of him.
What would you do? Would you do an album or a scrapbook and what type of pictures would you put in there?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would do a scrapbook and try to put similar pictures on each page or have some type of theme, like sports events(if he is an avid goer) or family events.

I'll bump you to see if anyone else has ideas.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Personally I am not into scrap books, so I would do the album. With my grandmother we got together memorial photos and had them all put into a large picture collage. It was beautiful.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I did a collage of pictures from birth to now in all sorts of situations ,a big frame with a lot of different holes for pics.I did it for my mother in law for Christmas and she thought i had someone do it ...it was that good!Still hanging up at her home.She loved it!!Good Luck!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Scrapbook. Have people contribute a page....make it personal. Your children can do a page of their own. Etc. Chose a size and let everyone do their own page or pages.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just made a photobook for my daughters 30th birthday and it turned out great. I made it through Ritzpix and they make it so easy. Since her name is April, I named it ' Pieces of April', and wrote that it is just bits and pieces of her life, so far. Since I had a lot of her baby keepsakes, (footprints, newborn picture, etc.) I was able to start the book with that. Then, I went through all her birthdays that I had pictures of and if I didn't have birthday pictures, I just put a couple of pictures for that particular age. After that, I made a couple of collage pages of some of her favorite people through the years, then made a page of MY favorite pictures of her. There was a page for her sports activities, (she's in Special Olympics), a page for her Graduation, a page with several class pictures, etc. At Ritzpix it only took an hour for the book to get done. It was a lot of work compiling, but a true labor of love.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 6:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2011