Snack ideas for a 3 year old for a 7 hour car trip?

We are going on vacation and it includes a 7 hour car trip to get there and another to get home. I need some snack ideas for the car. I can't seem to think of many right now. What snacks do you give your kids on long car trips?

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 9:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• string cheese, gold fish, mini oreo's
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Make frequent stops, get her a magnadoodle and other activities she can do in the car. She can have the same type of snacks you give her at home. But keep her busy with activities when she is awake. Looking for cars a certain color, landmarks, crayons and paper, stuff like that.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• granola bars, pop tarts, fruit snacks, baggie of cereal. i made a couple trips with my 3yr old to georgia from ohio. 13hrs he did really well suprisingly. we recently moved from ohio to texas and drove across country. it was a rough 2days for me but my son seemed to handle it pretty well. good luck!!
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I usually buy stuff I know my kids like, but I don't normally let them have at home, and things that aren't too messy - granola bars are a big one, the little go-packs of teddy grahams or chips ahoy (then I also buy a bag of them to refill the cups, since they fit nicely into cup holders!), maybe a special new water bottle with a no-spill top (we have camelbaks now, but you can find a lot of fun sports bottles for a buck), the bags of pre-cubed cheese (or a ziploc of cheese I cubed myself from an 8oz block), various crackers or chex mix or something like that...
    Anonymous

• Stay away from sugar!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Crackers, granola bars, pretty much anything that isn't too messy but try to stay away from a lot of sugar.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You can make some wedgey sandwiches and put in freezer bag with another bag of ice to keep cold. also, before you leave feed them oatmeal. it will fill them up for quite awhile. get books with pictures. activity box that won't go all over the place. set it on a pillow for balance. Use a cake pan. with a towel(cut noise for you down) Put cars in it, animals, blocks, things they play with the most at home. Do you have a Travel DVD player that they can watch a Winnie the Poo movie on? Or Sesame Street? cheerios, fish sticks,. Hope this helps.. Remember there is always McDonald's healthy lunches with toy! LOL Have fun!

family car

WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 2:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• String cheese, cubes of turkey or ham, cut up fruit.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Crackers with peanut butter, apple slices, carrot sticks. You can get mini cups of PB for dipping at most grocery stores these days.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mandrine oranges, cut up bell peppers, radishes, apples, cucumbers, cheese, cracker, lunch meat (make your own lunchables), cups of yogurt,
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011