delivery time

what is the average delivery time for first time moms

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 9:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• each pregnancy and woman is different so it is really hard to tell. My first I was in active labor for 9 hours and an hour of that was pushing, the nurses told me that it was a pretty quick labor for my first. My sister was in active labor for about 12 hrs for my neice and I know a lot of people that took a lot less time and a lot more time.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Totally depends on the woman, and there's no way to know until you go there. It can be anywhere from an hour to 40+.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• With my first I was induced because I was almost 2 wks late. they gave me the pitocin at 5am and I really didnt start feeling anything until about 830am and started pushing at 9 n had my ds by 930. So it all just depends on you and baby. Im praying baby #2 is as easy cause I really dont wanna be in hard labor for hours, Im such a baby when it comes to pain! haha
    misssababe1128

Answer by misssababe1128 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I was in active labor with my first for 17 1/2 hours and took an hour to push her out. I am hoping that with my second he doesn't take near as long but who knows. It will just happen when it is time.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I was in labor for 27.5 hours and then had an emergency c-section.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It def depends on the woman. With my first child I was induced at 9am and started pushing at around 1050am. My beautiful little boy was then born at 1106am! So I honestly had a short and easy labor! I'm with misssababe on this one, I'm praying #2 is the same, cuz I fear being in labor for hours and hours!!
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 12:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011