My daughter has had a bunch of small pimples on her inner thigh, a couple on her belly. They seem to be lasting a couple of days, new ones occurring as others are fading. Not itchy or painful, as far as I can tell. Any idea what this is? She's had eczema and had a hydrocortisone prescribed for it - maybe it's a variation on that theme? Anyone seen this before?

fannyjane

Asked by fannyjane at 10:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• There are a bazillion reasons for a rash. Take her in and have the doctor diagnose it. It would be impetigo, yeast, or a virus that is causing it. I wouldn't self treat it. I'd get it checked out.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Depending on your daughter's age, I would either call the dr office or just keep an eye on it. Since she's already diagnosed and on meds, I'd go with the phone call, and likely they'll tell you it's a variation on the eczema theme. Been there, so best wishes with the outcome!
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 10:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• sounds like impetigo....similar symptoms happened to my daughter when she was a baby/toddler. the ped gave me creams to use and it went away. if this looks like something different then what your dd has had before, i'd take her back to the dr.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2011