how to break a habit?

well it starts every sunday night ,my dh gets in this crabby mood he gets smart with everyone .i no its the monday blues but come on we all dont want to go to work,so how can i change sunday nights.please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• this might sound mean but I would not focus on him at all I would cook din put the kids to bed get me a nice bubble bath put perfume on and a sexy nightgown on walk over give him a kiss goodnight and I bet he will follow you with no attitude

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Maybe do a fun family activity to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Make sure your husband knows that you appreciate him going to work to take care of the family, even if you work to. Do you tend to spend Sunday nights running around getting ready for the week? Maybe try to do it earlier so you all can relax as a family in the evening. Let him enjoy his time with his family, rather than stress about the coming week. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The best way to change something is to not do the same thing you've always done. Maybe you could make Sunday a family game night. Or start cooking a big, yummy, special, start the week, breakfast on Monday mornings...something fun to look forward to.

God knows I won't be in the kitchen early Mon mornings... but some might.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

I Like that post from Anon..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm with the others, I have the same type of thing on Sunday evening.. I'm running thru a mental checklist of do I have this or that ready for hubby to go to work and little one to go to school in the am... am I forgetting anything blah blah blah. Not to mention spending all weekend with two fighting kids drives me crazy sometimes. I don't know about your hubby but if I stay up late on weekends it's hard for me by Sunday night, I'm worn out from the late nighters, trying to get everything I need done with two kids and a hubby up in my kool-aid lol Seriously, if your weekends are busy, maybe he's worn out by Sunday night? I'm with the other's change up Sunday evenings if possible. Put the kids to bed early and have some private time, or do something relaxing/fun as a family. Change is good once in a while.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What they said and some useful info, it takes 28 days to change or create a habit
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• my hubby does a similar thing. i just tell him he is making himself miserable. instead of fighting life, particularly when it's not even something happening now, just accept (not the same as like) that we have to go to work and instead of ruining the time off we do have leave tomorrow for tomorrow.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had the same problem when I worked. I never slept on Sunday nights for nine years. I just stayed in bed, awake. It was awful. Maybe you can help him find something to take his mind off it. Good luck.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2008