queation for the nurses on here

i am wondering what i need to become a school nurse. I live in pa, also if u ladies don't mind telling me what the norm salary is as well thank u

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 10:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• sorry i am a nurse in utah I don't think you have to have much more than a license though and the pay is less prob about 20,000
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It depends on your state and district. I can only speak for CA, HI and Texas. Most state require the school Nurse to be an RN. Schools typically don't hire LVNs around here. They have one nurse that oversees several schools and a 'health-aid" is at each campus. Salary again depends on where you live and what job you're doing. When I work 11-7 doing Hospice I make no less than 23 an hour. If I'm working vent/trach, same shift I will make about $38 an hour. It all depends on the level of care, your experience and where you are.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Here in MA you need a BS in nursing which allows you to sit for the boards and become licenced - or a RN. Then most schools want you to then become certified as a school nurse. The median salary for a school RN in MA ia around $61,000.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011