What are signs of autism?

Having trouble with my chikd paying attention and gets easily distratged with other things. Always up and about and hardly tires out

Mrs.Kika

Asked by Mrs.Kika at 10:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• bump

Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Some of the signs we have in our home is flaping arms, loves to sit and spin the wheals on his car for hours, does not talk very much at all, very much likes to be touched on tummy (belly rubs)
    MisticDawn6

Answer by MisticDawn6 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• At 3-4 they are active and never sit still!! also they throw fits alot at this age as well they want to be independant but can't fully be.

I think you need to watch other signs like the other poster replied. Odd things... like not talking, not making eye contact, rocking themselves, etc.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Also they talk really fast at times. Unable to control emotions. Can go into rages and throwing stuff. If he is spacing out and all that energy he may be ADHD. Those are two of the symptoms. I had it. I still am AADD =Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. I also am bipolar. I have to take meds to control my mood swings. I use to be able to control spacing out, but then they changed my meds. Remember, one med is not always the answer. Our bodies are different. If you don't see changes in 6wks, call the Dr. Don't stop looking for answers. I say this because it wasn't until i was 35 that I found out. I was a prisoner in my own mind. It effected relationships, work, & even school! Once they found the right dosage, I went from D's & F's to A+ & B's. I've been married for thirty years and I am living! I just have to remember, even tho I feel good, I will always have to take medication. Text if u need 2 t
    WalknWithGod

Answer by WalknWithGod at 2:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well thank you for all you comments, greatly appreciated. I do not think my son fits the autism symtoms but sure fits the ADHD symptoms. I will keep an eye out on his behavior until he turns 4 in March and speak to his Dr about the symtoms and testing.
    Mrs.Kika

Comment by Mrs.Kika (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011