Feeding

is there a VITIAMNS to help women lactae and produce more breast milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's been so long since I had my child that I don't know, so I'm given you a bump!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• The company Enfamil makes a vitamin supplement for breast feeding mothers that I used to take when breast feeding my son. Sold at Walmart, Target stores. There is a herbal product called Fenugreek. Supposed to help with milk production, I tried this also. Ask your doctor abot Fenugreek because somtimes they do not prefer herbal supplements.
    Mrs.Kika

Answer by Mrs.Kika at 10:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Please joon one of the breast feeding groups here. You may be making a lot of milk and not realize it.

Fenugreek is a very safe herb. It is a cooking herb. It will help with milk production.

Just take a quality prenatal vitamin and your milk will be great. you don't need anything special.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Vitamins, no, but there are herbs and prscription meds. Most women don't need them. The more you nurse, the more milk you make!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It's recommended for nursing moms to continue taking pre natal vitamins. Regarding your milk, it's a supply and demand situation, nothing is necessary unless there is a problem with supply.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• And, maybe it's just the lactivist, but I wouldn't take any of the things made by formula companies for nursing moms. Especially since their "breastfeeding bags" are full of formula and formula coupons.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011