baby not sleeping

my baby girl is 2 weeks old and she's been up all day and can't sleep. she wants to sleep only in my arms and not in anyone else's. not even her daddy. she cries with everyone but when i hold her she calms down. when she finally does fall asleep i put her down in her crib and she wakes up within 20 minutes. it's so weird because she hasn't been doing this before, i've noticed it yesterday and today. im so puzzled, can anyone give me suggestions on how to help her sleep and not be use to only being with me? all advice is welcome! thank you ladies!! :)

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was like that when he was a baby, when i put him down in the crib he would wake up within minutes but, when i put him to sleep in my bed {during the day time}he would sleep for hours. but you might not want to do That, i would suggest you to give her a good sponge bath . hope it works good luck
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Hold her and let her sleep in your arms. Babies need to be held a lot, it is really good for their brain development. Sleeping in a crib for 20 minutes sounds about right for a 2 week old.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• really? because when we first got home with her she would sleep a lot. like 2-3 hours at a time. and now all of a sudden she's changing her schedule (which i know is normal) but i just thought babies were suppose to sleep a lot. the only way she'll sleep the 2-3 hours now is in my arms.
    joymoon87

Comment by joymoon87 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• A wrap or sling can help. Babies need to be held constantly when they are new. I tied my baby to me in a Moby wrap and then I could get stuff done around the house. She would sleep in the wrap. It was also great for nursing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011