• In the Spotlight:

16 pregnant and need a job wut can i do

page101

Asked by page101 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I would start putting apps in everywhere. They cannot tell you they won't hire you because your pregnant.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• maybe try a resturant or maybe a clerk at a store or something
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• im 7 months
    page101

Comment by page101 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would not hide the fact that u r pregnant. Alot of employers need full disclosure. Arrangements would need to be made for your maternity leave as far as getting someone to cover for u the time u r off.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 7 months? There is no way anyone will hire you, sorry but its true. Maybe wait until after the baby is born to look for a job or try looking for baby sitting jobs right now. I know it doesnt pay much but no company will hire a woman that far along in her pregnancy because they want people who will stay more then 2 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Wow! 7 months! I can tell u alot of restaurants will not hire u because at that stage of pregnancy u r a risk. They r fast paced businesses. I have seen alot of knocked up girls get jobs early in their prenancies and leave it for good after the baby is born.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• who is going to hire a 7 month pregnant teen to take care of there children
    page101

Comment by page101 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Mothers who are desperate to take a break to run errands or want to go out for a few hours with their friends or man. I wish I had a babysitter right now for when I need a break to go do things. SO I would hire you since it would only be for a couple hours
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

They don't need to know, though since you are 7 months pregnant, cant hide that. Laws on hiring pregnant women vary state to state but in Ohio interviewers are NOT aloud to ask if you are pregnant during an interview and cannot NOT hire you JUST because you are pregnant. That being said, seeing as how you are OBVIOUSLY pregnant, you wont need to tell them and they most likely will not hire you. You are not obligated to tell a potential employer that you are pregnant as stated by dancer.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you were near me I would let you babysit my girls. I of course would probably have you meet me then my kids and go from there first, but there are many mommys out there that just need a break every now and then. Don't be so hard on yourself :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011