feeding baby

my baby girl is 2 weeks old now and i was just wondering when do you give the baby more formula? my baby is beginning to cry for her bottle sooner now. so instead of feeding every 3-4 hours, i've noticed she's beginning to cry for her bottle more often at about every 2 hours. is that normal? is there a certain month you should put more in her bottle or is it that every baby is different and it just depends?

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she sucking it down and still acting like she wants more? You could always add another ounce and see if she will drink it. All babies are different and some eat more than others or less. Just go with your instincts. If it seems like she want more, give her another ounce or another couple ounces. She will not over eat, and if she by chance does you will know. My girls if they over ate would spit up. You will figure out with time how much she wants.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My DD at about 2 weeks old was drinking 3 oz every 3-4 hours but you're right every baby is different.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• how much are yu giving her now?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i gave my son 4 oz every 3-4 hours...if he was dry burped etc and still crying id give him two morw ounces before the 3-4 hour time was up....he slept through the night since birth
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• For example you gave her 4oz and she seemed to still be hungry increase it by another oz and keep doing htat until she is full
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• dont let her drink the whole bottle burp her like every two ounces....she will have a less chance of spiting up....or so it worked for my sons
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I always let my babies lead increases. If she's hungry sooner, increase am ounce.

Congrats on your little princess :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 11:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011