ESP in children??

Seriously?? Everytime I get on the phone my children know EXACTLY who I'm talking to, whenever I am on the phone, and who is calling even though they do not know how to read yet. This is starting to really bug me because if I'm talking to a family member the kids'll be "I wanna talk to ...." whoever I'm talking to. Anyone else have kids like this?
By the way, mine are 5 years old and 4 years old, and the baby is 7 months old and will lean in whenever I'm on the phone, or squeal loudly to be heard when I'm not holding her so that whoever I'm talking to, she is talking to them too.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 11:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I could always tell cause my mom talked differently to different people
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes I have a 3 year old, does this to me all the time. OMG!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• They probably know based on how you talk to whoever, what is said, etc.
    Anonymous

• maybe they can hear the person on the phone .. some phones are just loud. Then again you never know though .. anythings possible
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Lol my bfs phone is really loud and he might not know it, but I can hear the person on the phone without straining. Which is why I always leave a room if I'm getting sensitive info. I never know if my phone is one that seems to have a speaker phone built into the regular speaker lol.
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 12:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My mom always told a story about how I had a dream about an accident my dad was in, while it was happening. My son has this uncanny ability to move the exact direction I need to go or to get out of the way by moving to the spot I need to be in. I tell him if he can figure out how he does it, he will be a millionaire someday.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• @ MammaG, first off, the term "esp" was a catchphrase, not a means of showing that I'm delusional in anyway, calling people's beliefs delusional is not a very productive frame of mind. As the rules of CafeMom state, this site is a place for constructive critisism, not destructive. You will never find...say me, on here bashing another mom's belief system. I'm a Baptist Christian, but you will never hear me telling another mom that her beliefs are ... to use your words "delusional". Some people believe that ESP is a legitiment mental ability, while other denounce the existance of ESP, or any other paranormal abilities. If you had left out the first part then your answer could have won the best answer award, however, since you have not followed the rules of CafeMom I am going to be forced to report your answer to the administrators. Next time, word your answers better.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well, there is no such thing as ESP, so even if anyone thinks their child has it, they are delusional. Second, when you are on the phone, it is exciting for a child and they want to be involved, regardless of who it is. They probably assume you are taking to someone who calls often and/or they are basing their assumptions on your conversation.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 10:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011