urinary retention...have to strain to try to pee adult content

The past several weeks I have had problems peeing. First, it can take a minute to start once I sit down even if I have to go badly. Also, I can't completely empty my bladder. I'll stop going prematurely and can't finish. After I stop peeing I still feel like I have to go. I'll just sit there sometimes and if I strain every couple seconds I'll urinate a bit more, sometimes quite a lot more. But I have to strain and push hard to get the feeling of being finished. I have had uti's before, and it just doesn't seem like that's it. There is no pain or burning. I just can't empty my bladder without straining to do so. Sometimes I'm in the bathroom a good 10-15 min just peeing. Sorry if tmi lol any thought? I'm calling the Dr. tomorrow, just wanted some input and ideas now lol I did have a urethral stretching type of procedure around age 2 due to a narrow urethra. Any ideas or personal experience with this? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• See a doctor about this asap! Of course you need to pee, but everytime you strain to do it you bladder loses more of the ability to do it herself (itself? definitely not "himself" -lol) The bladder is supposed to empty when nessecary, without pushing or straining. Sort of just letting it go, you know? When you push it through breathing and using abdominal muscles it is a signal to the "bladder-muscles" to become lazy.
    Weather this is what caused your problems in the first place, I can't tell. So make an appointment and don't let them tell you you can come "Next week."
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2011