Breastfeeding or Formula? Why?

Just curious how many moms breastfed and how many went with formula and there reason

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I formula fed and I think it depends on what you want to do. For me, purely selfish. I didn't want to deal with the breastfeeding. I wanted to be back to my old self. Both my kids are formula fed.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My DD was BF for 2 weeks then formula feed to be honest I didnt BF because I was being selfish and wanted to sleep and she was my first and colicky so it was hard on me. My DS I breastfeed for 7 months then went to formula because I had to leave all the time for job interviews and daddy was a dope and always screwed up heating the pumped breast milk
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I pumped because I have inverted nipples and it was very hard for dd to latch on. I pumped for two weeks before I dried out and then went on to formula.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Breastfed. I enjoyed the bonding time.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I did both. During the day breast and at night formula.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I BF all three and supplemented my first with formula...I chose breast because its healthier and for the bonding BUT not quite as easy as I expected!!! Once I got it down though it was worth every struggling moment! i struggled with my first but the next two were easier.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Breast. I always knew that I would breastfeed, even in my teens/early 20's. I enjoyed the cuddling time with my babies. I was very sad when I had allergy issues with DS1 and there wasn't the amazing knowledge of how to deal with it that there is today. He went on formula at 6 months and I hated every bottle I made. My other 2 kids never got formula. It's what worked for us.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I breastfed/feed. Neither of my children have ever had formula. I didn't breastfeed my first knowing all the benefits that I know now. It was just something I was going to TRY to do. Then I didn't know how to stop. Lol. So I let her wean herself. With dd2 I knew without a doubt that I would breastfeed. There's so many reasons to breastfeed and not one reason why I would want to formula feed. To be honest, sometimes I hate it. Not because of the lack of sleep (cosleeper, here!) but when they get older and distracted, the 20 second feedings get tiresome. And yet, I persevere because I know it's best for my babies.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I breastfed our dd for 10 months. She weaned but I caused it. With our twins, I breastfeed 10 weeks then quit. Why? Because I was stupid. When it got hard, I stopped. They were born early and the NICU nurses didn't help with the breastfeeding. They would give them formula knowing that I was coming up to breastfed them. With our youngest, I breastfed. We are at 2 years and still going.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• All 5 of my kids are/were 100% formula fed because it's what I wanted to do. I never had any interest in breastfeeding.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011