I am taking my daughter to the doctors this afternoon, but I want others opinions or what not before hand.

My daughter who is 19months had her flu shot the other day early afternoon, about 845/9 pm last night she began running a temp, had a very productive phlemy cough and greenish yellow stuff coming out her nose. (tmi i know), but could this be a reaction to the flu shot, or could it be something else. She didn't have any reaction to it last year.

aprilmommy2007

Asked by aprilmommy2007 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• it probably is a reaction to the flu shot, I think you should take her to her pediatrician so he can check her, its best, to be on the safe side.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 9:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree, it is something else. It is still a good idea to get her checked.

Answer by Bmat at 10:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I know we dont get the live virus if we did I wouldnt give it to her
    aprilmommy2007

Answer by aprilmommy2007 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I agree it is probably just a coincidence and not a reaction to the Flu vaccine. But I would still take her to the pediatrician just to make sure it is nothing more than a cold. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Hope she feels better soon
    ccookrma

Answer by ccookrma at 10:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm guessing that it is something else, not the flu shot. I personally wouldn't take her in unless she ran a fever for more than 3 days, had severe/worrisome symptoms (was overly punk, sluggish, or inconsolable), or had a fever that did not respond to treatment. But that's just me. If your gut is telling you to take her to the doctor, by all means do so.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My daughter who is now 2. She got half of her flu shot last year with her other vaccinations. She was so ill and she had a temp. I didn't take her back to the other half. I don't know if she will ever get one again. I hope that she will be feeling better soon.

JenBranch

Answer by JenBranch at 10:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My daughter has been around 2 other sick kids that there mother refuses to take to the doctor, and I swear the little boy has bronchitis, so I am worried about that and my daughter never runs a temp over 98.6 unless she is really sick so thanks for the advice and I will update when i get back
    aprilmommy2007

Answer by aprilmommy2007 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• conincidince my ass. I have had the flu shot twice in my life. Both times I got sick as a dog. And I never get sick. F the flu shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Just because you are not given the live virus does not mean that you wont get a reaction to it - there is more in a flu shot than just the that anyway.

It most probably is a reaction so aI dont think there is much you can do but mointor your child and make sure she doesnt take a turn for the worse. I would probably see how my child was doing and if my child started behaving out of character/got progressively worse then I would seek medical advice. You are anyway - but dont let them give you UNncessary crap - peds do more harm than good.

Go to you
    Anonymous

• She probably has a bug and it's a coincidence. My daughter had a temp for 4 days after hers. She also got a little groggy and cranky.
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 1:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008