Do other moms miss nursing your baby?

I nursed my twins the first 12 months and then started weening them to just at night and now they're 15 months and don't nurse at all and I miss it so much.I miss the bonding, the cuddling, the feeling that they needed me, ugh I've been really emotional since they've stopped -Other mom's miss this too? If so let me know so I know I'm not alone/ any coping advice or helpful words.

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do...sniff sniff...LOL I nursed my first 10mos and my girls 3 years apart but 20mos each. I am done having babies so I am like I will never experience it again...but I treasure BF'ing and thankful I did it!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I still miss it. I did feel sad for a little bit. I only have one child and I am not having anymore. This is what makes me sad.
    Anonymous

• I sure do! My youngest weaned herself and I just cried and cried over it. I felt like she didn't need me anymore. When my oldest stopped nursing I got pregnant a few months later due to wanting another baby and now that my youngest is done I want another baby. Sounds silly right?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I miss it too =( Mine stopped nursing @ 10 months (I dried up due to birth control grrr didn't know that was going to happen thanks doc!). I guess I have the satisfaction of knowing I'll be able to nurse #3 and now I have the knowledge about what can happen with birth control when you nurse!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ^ not at all!!! I feel the same way!!!! I'm so glad there are other mama's crying over it cause I do to! Around 12 months my milk wasnt coming in as much so I kind of had to stick to just at night and then it still wasn't really enough for them and they didnt really seem to care so now i cry and miss it so much :( And want another baby lol
    goldfish09

Comment by goldfish09 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yes-- I miss it for all the reasons you listed. But we have our cuddle time at night without the nursing. Right before he goes in his crib, we play little games where we're looking at each other while I hold him. "Mommy's nose--baby's nose..." or I imitate his hand gestures, or we play "I'm gonna kiss you on the....forehead...cheek..etc." He loves it,

It give us bonding time, and he enjoys the hugs and kisses, but it's not the same as when he used to nurse. *sigh* they grow up too fast!!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It is a beautful thing...how could we not miss that special bond? It is hard.(for most of us:)
    Time will help. Just keep cuddling and loving them for they will get older and not want that as much all too soon!

YouCanDoMom

Answer by YouCanDoMom at 11:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I nursed my son until he was 18 1/2 months, and now I wish I had gone to 2 at least. I miss the ease of being able to calm him down with that, and I miss the closeness and nourishing him with my own body. I strongly attribute his snuggly, sweet personality to his nursing experience. He's super cuddly still, and very lean and healthy. I look forward to breastfeeding the next one!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i was just telling my two yr old that cuz at night she hiolds my booby for comfort and she tries to kiss it..... I kno she misses it too. I loved the bond we had i nurse for 16 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I do not miss it, it makes me feel broken because I feel like I should miss it. But what you are feeling is not at all abnormal. If you enjoyed it greatly and it was a great bonding time then of course you would be missing it. Hang in there and try to get that snuggling, bonding time in. Hope you feel better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011