how would you all feel

about someone naming their kid after the king of the under worlds wife? i mean seriously are you that morbid you have to name your kid after Hades wife? its Persephone btw which Persephone is Hades niece, Zeus's daughter, and not to mention the mom whos gonna name her kid this had a brother whos name was pronounced Lucifer

this is a question i ask after i read a post i saw earlier

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OMG!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• hmmm. will the kid turn into Percy?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Persephone has been a fairly common name throughout history, although generally in Greek.

I suppose any objection to it would have to start with believing that the Greek pantheon of gods and godesses was real...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think it's great. It is a pretty name. She did not choose to be Hades wife, he abducted her. She was returned to her mother which was a wonderful thing and she represents the changing of the seasons. When I think of Lucifer I think of the cat in Cinderella. The only thing that would alarm me is if the family is trying to be evil people. A name is a name.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• @jeanclaudia Persephone is actually Hades wife.....its not just from that movie....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Meh, its not my kid...I wouldn't have a problem with the name. If it was a relative, I'd probably come up with a nickname either way. Then again, I'm considered a weird one...hubby picked out the name Gwendolyn Persephone as a back up girl name...but it was too many letters for a kindergartner to spell so we threw the name out the window lmao.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Persephone was more than just Hades's wife. Maybe you need to read up on the Greek pantheon. Her story explains the seasons and her yearly return brought so much joy to Demeter (her mother) that she made Spring and Summer happen. It's a beautiful name and it's not morbid. Besides, it's a Western belief that death is something horrible, not to be discussed. In most cultures it's just a part of life and a miracle in and of itself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's a lovely name.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Seriously, it's just a name. Get over yourself. There's nothing Morbid about it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It is just a name. And Persephone wasn't Hades wife by choice, she was kidnapped - would you really hold that against her? lol And, a lot of people do not believe these stories are real, they are just myths and decided to use the name Persephone for that character. Would you have a problem with all the people who name their kids Nicolea or Nicholas because someone decided to use that name for the Anti-christ in their fictional book about the rapture?

Mamaie

Answer by Mamaie at 4:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011