Constant Cough

I mean I literally want to cough every 10 seconds.. I haven't got much sleep in the past few days.. I tried Nyquil, vapo rub, and cough drops.. Nothing works!
I take Mucinex D during the day for the stuffed up nose..
I have Mono, and an upper respiratory infection.. My glands are really swollen, can that have something to do with me wanting to cough all the time?

It's mostly a dry cough, but it is productive at times

Ugh, is there anything I Can do to get some sleep? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow in case it's bronchitis, which I'm sure it is..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• Warm water with honey and lemon will be soothing, and calm your cough for half an hour or 40 minutes... long enough to get to sleep, maybe.

If you keep a thermos with lots more beside the bed, anytime you wake up coughing you can pour out a small cup and get back to sleep.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Probably Delsym won't work either. For now, I'd prop up on the pillow and try taking an antihistamine like benadryl to dry you out to stop the post nasal drip.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try Robitussin. That can help a cough, but your doc might be able to help more, considering the mono and URI. You can also take an NSAID for the headache I'm sure you have from the coughing.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It sounds like its probably more bronchitis, I had that last year. I went to the doc, they gave me an in office breathing treatment to see if it would work, then gave me an inhaler to take home along with a script for antibiotics. I was better in a week or so.

good luck, and feel better.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• GO TO THE DR!!!!!!! Same thing happened to me and my bronchitis went into pneumonia. If there's an urgent care center near you go there, don't wait till tomorrow!
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 8:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011