Does the State help with cost if you adopt a special needs child?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 12:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Adoption

• I KNOW YOU CAN APPLY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY EVEN THOUGH THE FIRST TIME YOU GET DENIED THEN YOU GET A LAWYER AND APPEAL AND 99.99% OF THE TIME YOU WIN THE CASE. IM GOING THRTEW THAT KNOW FOR MY AUTISTIC SON
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I guess each state is different, but I do believe there is extra help when adopting a child with special needs. Here, in Nevada, I definitely know there is a ton of extra help if you foster/adopt a child with special needs. If you are thinking of doing so, I think it takes an amazingly kind hearted person to realize they are possibly adopting a child who will forever need their care. It is truly something selfless and full of love :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• In my state (IL), you can get a subsidized adoption if you adopt a special needs child out of foster care. I don't know about private adoptions.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 11:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• As long as it is through the state agency/foster care.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 6:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• sometimes
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011