Any advice to get rid of genital warts?

Please no harsh comments. He had them before we got together and I knew about it before he had an outbreak. I was lucky to not get the warts but I do have HPV. My husband has warts and is very embarrased about them. We went to the doctor and he gave him a cream and tried to freeze burn them off which was very painful for him. Some went away but they came back worse. Are there any at home remedies besides apple cider vinigar he could put on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• No!!! Go back to the doctor. Those never go away for good!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• go to the doc and get medication for it... that's really all i can tell you.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Those are really all he can do. As you know, this is a permanent condition he will have to deal with for the rest of his life, and you may, if you aren't very careful. Yes, freezing them off hurts, but it's the most effective way to get rid of them. Be aware that you can still contract the virus even if you can't see any warts. Be safe!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Okay just FYI it IS possible that the warts will go away. I know someone who had them and she got them removed-freeze off, acid, lasered-and she has not had an outbreak since and her doctor said she does not have HPV anymore. You both need to see if you can get vaccines for that. My friend had HPV but the high risk...she almost had cancer. Her boyfriend never had any outbreaks or anything. The doctor said its just bad hormones. Anyone can get it.

Yes it's painful to get them freezed off and lasered and all that but thats teh best thing for it. Sorry =/ Hopefully it'll go away. Don't listen to the others....sometimes it does go away. Other times it doesnt. GL
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• the virus will always be in his body and you cold get them even with out an out break you two need to see a doc and find out how you can go on with this without it effecting your sex life
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My husband and I are educated on it and we have known about it for four years. We know that the virus stays in your system and that they can outbreak again. We both have the HPV virus but he has had an outbreak and I have not. We are not going to use condoms because we want children so it's a chance I'm willing to take. However, the doctor recommended trying some home remedies if the cream and freezing didn't work. He told us that sometimes home remedies work better for some people and it's worth a try. So does anyone know and home remedies to clear up his outbreak?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i would try taking things to boost his immune system that in itself would help, so vitamin c, zinc and a probiotic, I dont know of anything you could use on them but if i find anything ill let you know. good luck
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thanks everybody for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I found you a website its called
    homeremedies.com go there type in genital warts and it gives a whole list of things you can try.
    one was using vitamin e oil and a crushed fresh garlic paste that you put on the worts and cover with tape and from what i read the wart falls off with in a few days there are also other information about it on there about what kind of diet you should follow and so on.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2011