My scalp get dry in the back of my head.

Does anyone knows why is that and what can I use to take care of the dryness? I already try the shampoos at the drug store and they don't seem to help.

Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• Do you wear a lot of ponytails? I like t/gel by neutragena.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I do!!??Is that the reason?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Have you tried Tgel? Also you may want to try and switch to an all natural organic shampoo. they don't have all the wax and excess chemicals that others have. It could help with the moisture issue.

I have Psoriasis on my scalp and use the tgel, 1-3 times a week(you should be fine with 1 per week but can do up to 3) and leave it on for 10 mins so that it really gets into the scalp. Then rinse and condition.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It could be. I tend to have a sore and dry scalp when I am wearing pontytails more than normal. I tgel is wonderful. You use it twice a week and let it sit on your scalp for at least 2 minutes. It doesn't smell the greatest, but it does work :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just read the comment above mine. My bottle says differently than hers...maybe a different strength. Just read the directions so you know the exact.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• im having the same problem, thanks for asking this question
    vall11

Answer by vall11 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have the same problem, so I know how you feel. Don't have any advice I still haven't found anything that works either.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• stop washing hair as much shampoo makes your hair dry out onces a month hot oil to your hair
    and don't use hot water it will also dry your hair out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Thank you so much for all your advice. Now, where can I find the Tgel? Any drug store?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011