NYC and Kids

Are there many kid friendly things for a 3 year old in New York City? I know there's the Central Park Zoo and the Bronx Zoo, but what else? Can we tour any of the baseball fields for example? If we make out there it will be somewhere in March or April.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Travel

• I'm sure they will love the lights of Times Square, just keep them close. The Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building are always cool. If you want to, you can do one of those bus tours (the red double decker buses), they're all over midtown.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:09 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Also, the kids might like the Staten Island Ferry.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm gonna try that! My son loves the Seattle ferries.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you go to Statue of Liberty and it's cold outside (we went in Feb last year) make sure you and children are dressed SUPER warm. It's mega cold on that ferry when it's cold outside!

It's silly I know, but don't forget the Times Square Toys R Us and FAO Schwarz. Also, the Museum of Natural History (81st street on the west side) has a lot of dinosaur bones that I'm sure any kid would love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh yeah the toy stores! I forgot that Toys R Us is suppose to be huge. And I'll be sure to go to that museum. My son loves dinosaurs! Thanks for the tips ladies!
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• children's museum of manhattan
    museum of natural history
    central park
    empire state building
    brooklyn children's museum
    tada theatre
    new victory theatre

Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2011