what did you feel like the day you went into labor?

how did you feel, did you just know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had no idea, even though my water was leaking all over the place! LOL I truly though I was just having bladder control issues. It wasn't until it turned pink that I FINALLY figured it out! No other signs, it just happened.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The first time I didn't know at all. I woke up really early and I was hungry. I made myself a quesadilla and some apple juice. 2 hours later I started feeling like cramps. Then I started checking the clock and they were frequently so I woke up hubby and by 1:00pm my daughter was born.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I woke up around 5am with really bad cramps like I was on my period haha. And I timed them...i was so tired that I'd fall asleep for 10 min and it would wake me up. That's when I called the doctor. But I was totally calm. I didn't think I was having the baby that day. She was aweek early. It was my mom who was all frantic! lol But I felt good. Nothing too horrible. But once I got to the hospital I was mad bc I had practically no control over anything. This is why I'm getting a midwife next. UGH
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The first time I woke up thinking I had to go to the bathroom and when I sat down my water broke so I woke my DH who was my SO at the time and we left for the delivery room, the second time I was having little cramps all day and they got worse as the day went on so I called my MIL and she came and got my son and DH and I went to the hospital and our DD was born later that night.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• for me I thought I wasn't in labor, LOL! I kept having contractions that were intense enough to bring tears to my eyes, but I was certain it was just braxton hicks. My hubby and I went to bed about 10 or 11 and then I kept waking up with it and he actually said to me that he thought it was time to go. I said no for about another hour and finally I was like, ok let's go :) I was already dilated to 4 when I arrived at the hospital!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had no idea until it happened.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My first I was induced because she was a week late, but with my second I was sick all day, ran a fever, and just wanted to sleep. When I woke up from my nap I was having mild contractions, but not too painful. My friend finally talked me into going to the hosp. I had her 5 minutes later.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• After arriving to the hospital that is.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was induced, but when you start getting real contractions, not Braxton Hicks, you'll definitely know.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i was induced both times......i prefer that b/c i know what to expect. if i went into labor myself, i wouldn't have known what to do! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011