UI???? adult content

I'm starting to feel like I am getting an Urinal Infection and it is already my 3rd one in a yr. One time a nurse told me that is because the way I wash down there. I still don't get it how am I suppose to wash. Then I talked to a friend and she told me that it is because I don't pee after sex.

Do you guys know why can be causing this or what should I do to prevent getting them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• If you're getting frequent UTIs, you HAVE to pee after sex!! Bacteria gets pushed up into the urethra, which can definitely be a major cause. It takes just a minute to get up and pee. Plus, you can clean yourself up if you want to (how can you not??).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yes, pee after sex. You can also take cranberry pills. It's supposed to help prevent getting UTI's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Also, what type of job do you have? If your in a position that you're unable to go to the bathroom when you need to can also lead to UTI'S. Holding too long is not good for you.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i take cranberry pills every night it stop yeast infection also changing your pads and tampons more then any other time yes pee after sex is good idea and don't wash down there with soap use hair contioner it stop it as well also don't take hot bath or go in hot tub's
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree with musicpisces...lol yet again. If you're getting frequent UTI's then yes, definitely pee after sex, use normal (not girlie scented) soaps when cleaning the area, drink lots of water/clear liquids, stay away from juices w/sugar. Sugar breeds bacteria; studies only SUGGEST that cranberry juice MAY reduce preexisting bacteria as well as the occurrence of new bacteria but if it works for you then go with it, wear underwear made of breathable fabric (cotton), wipe front to back,don't take a lot of bubble baths, yada, yada, yada. A co-worker told me his daughter had several UTI's while she was pregnant & that she drank a bunch of lemonade (high acidic level) & it seemed to do the trick. I've never heard that before but I know high acid helps kill the bacteria & I have been told that once you get a UTI you're at a higher risk of getting another & so on & so forth. Try using disposable wipes when you go to the bathroom too.
    MomOfTheWillful

Answer by MomOfTheWillful at 5:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh yes! - and try not to "hold it" too often or for too long.
    MomOfTheWillful

Answer by MomOfTheWillful at 5:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just got over my 2nd UTI in 3 months. Cranberry juice does NOT prevent them. It only makes you feel better when you already have one. ( When you pee, something about the acid in cranberry juice makes it not hurt.) Def pee after sex. Being constipated also can cause a UTI. So eat a lot of fiber. Youre a grown up, I'm sure you know how to wash yourself. Good luck, I know how uncomfortable you must be!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 10:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2011