Stalkers

Does anyone else have stalkers for in-laws?

My lands after almost 20 years of marriage, I should be used to it but they seem to keep surprising me or getting even more intrusive!

It's to the point that it's the main thing dh and I argue about - I've even been ready to leave. They go out of their way to drive by our house to see what we're doing. It's MIL and SIL (FIL passed away 10 months ago - SIL is almost 40, still lives at home with the parents and her husband... MIL raises her kids and her husband doesn't work or come out of his room to interact with the family at all)....

Anyhow they drive by the house - call if they see something or someone out of place - one day one of our girls was doing her chore and picking up the yard - SIL called to see why she was in trouble.....

They just make me want to SCREAM!!

Please tell me I'm not alone - lol - maybe it'll be a little more tollerable... maybe??!

DH does tell them from time to time to back the heck off - but that lasts maybe a day?

Day before yesterday, MIL called - asked him what each person was doing and had to discuss it in detail. He finally said "and J just went to pee - she really had to go bad, she couldn't go for a while because she was getting the babies to sleep". Do you think she got the hint? NO SHE DID NOT!!!

And yes, I ask ANON because SIL is on CM and reads my profile - if anything is amiss, she calls DH to ask about it. And yes, I'm on an extended FB break for this very reason. I just need some PRIVACY!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Ouch, sorry that they are like that. Have you tried a caller ID ? That way you can screen calls and only answer them once in a while. And no you are not alone my own mother has a habit of doing that too.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• O we caller ID - lol - this is what MIL does... calls DH 3+ times, when he doesn't answer, she starts calling DD (the 14 yr old one) - if DD answers MIL starts drilling her as to why DH hasn't answered the phone. If DD doesn't answer, she calls me. I rarely answer when she calls. DH has told her if it's important to leave a VM. She says, well I don't leave VM. He said then I'll never call you back. But then, he starts feeling guilty, especially since my FIL passed less than a year ago (MIL also has become wheelchair bound within the past 15 months or so).

I AM thankful it's improved, because she was insisting that he take her to appointments 2-4 days per week and that's at least not happening now. I love them - I just love them more the less they're in my business. LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Tell them to mind their own business.  I wouldn't be able to handle it, that is why I moved across the country.  LOL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL life was MUCH easier when we lived 450 miles away for sure!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My SIL's (5 of them!!) would drive by and/or stop in without calling all of the time. It made me insane. What was worse is if I had things to do; finally I'd had enough and when they "popped in" I continued to do whatever I had planned. If I was preparing to go out, I would just tell them I had to leave. I'd told them all very politely that calling before they came over was always a good idea :)

We lost MIL this past October, she and FIL would regularly pop in without calling first. I never said much to them, FIL still does it and honestly it's ok. It's just what they do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had issues with in laws during my marriage but yours is far worser than mine ever was. I actually got into a big argument with mine when they came to my house. Basically I had to let them know that my house belonged to me and hubby and whatever went on was not their business. If I can respect your house then you damn well better respect mine. I think they do that because they feel like their son did not marry the type of woman they would pick for him so they get disrespectful. Luckily your DH do stand up to his family and that is a good thing.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Luckily mine live across the globe haha! I feel sorry for you.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• EEWWW!!! I dont know how you have done it for this long?! GEEZ! BUTT THE HELL OUT! I couldn't live like that! Do they not trust you or something? I dont know why anyone would take some much time to do this.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2011