Do you have a Blu-ray player or are you still using a DVD player?

I'm about to upgrade to a Blu-ray player. I figure i'd might as well do it now before DVDs end up like VHS did!

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 2:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have over 800 vhs movies and 50 dvd's, no blue ray until something else comes out to take the place of blue ray. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We do have a bluray player in the living room and use DVD players in the car. The bluray player will play dvd movies also.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Not really, our PS3 doubles as a Blue Ray Player
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• A blue ray player wont do you any good unless you have an HDTV and HDMI cables.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I have both... DVD in the living room and my PS3 in the bedroom, because the blu ray movies we have, the little one cannot watch
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We just have a DVD player. We couldn't afford Blu-ray discs anyway so it seemed pointless to get one. And we didn't get an HDTV until recently.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We have a blu-ray but only because my DH wanted a PS3. The kids dvd's all play on the blu-ray and the cost of blu-ray movies is comparable to that of any new release. There has been one downside so far....Our PS3 occassionally requires updates and we've found that after completing an update some of our movies can no longer be played (2 so far); however, the kids have their portable dvd players for long car trips and we have dvd players in other rooms of the house. Not being able to play a movie in ONE room seems to be a minor hiccup to us. LOL I'm sure I won't be singing the same tune if after a few more updates or player stops playing our movies all together.....
    MomOfTheWillful

Answer by MomOfTheWillful at 3:25 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We don't have either-we just hook up the laptop to the TV to watch DVDs. We don't watch a lot of movies, so I think we'll be sticking to DVDs for awhile.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• DVD player, we can't afford a blue ray right now.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm not a technology person - but I don't have any desire to switch to BluRay. We're getting our first flat screen tv's in a month, that's a big step for us! LOL
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011