How do I.....

Wean my 24 month old out of my bed. I'm 8 months pregnant and really need to get hom out of my bed. I want to get him out without making him feel rejected or abandoned. I know I have screwed up in letting him for this long but I need to know the easiest most effective way of doing it. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a mattress along side of your bed, and wean him to that first. You can even do it with a crib, just take off the siderail and push it along side of your bed =)
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had the same problem with my daughter.. she is 4 now..... unlike you I am not having a new addition but I really wanted my bed back lol . What I did was if your son has his own room let him help in the decorating situation, then let him pick out a bed, night light, etc.. then I just started a new routine. Dinner, Bath, Story, and then bed. I had to sit with her for awhile every night and rub her little head. After that it was pretty natural for her to want to sleep in her own space. She still sneaks in my bed ever once in awhile.... Good luck
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 11:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it may be easier to keep him in the room in his own bed at first. just keep taking him back to his bed. set up a nightly bed time routine if you dont already have one, and stick to your guns.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Get a night light and things that he would like in the room. Start with naps in the day time in his own bed and then night time stories .He will cry at first but hang in there b/c you have to get your bed back. You can also put tv with his favorite show on.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011