Does anyone have ideas on how to stop a 3 years old from picking his nose? Lol...yes I know its gross!

Mrs.Kika

Asked by Mrs.Kika at 3:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• nope, I still pick my nose... lol, sometimes blowing it out just doesnt work

FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 3:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• haha, well I get your point but I mean to where everyone can see, lol.
    Mrs.Kika

Comment by Mrs.Kika (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I give you a bump and hopefully someone else will know the answer bc my dd does the same. Sometimes she even trys to wipe it on MY sleeve! The little rat.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Um I just got onto my 6 year old yesterday about that. For now I am just making sure his nose stays clean. He usually never picks his nose but just started recently. I don't know why all of a sudden. But every since his sisters keeps saying he's nasty he does it to make them freak out. But I got them on pick patrol.LOL They have to tell me when they see him picking. I figured if I stay on him maybe he will stop soon.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It could be due to the drier winter air. Get some nasal saline and flush those sinuses. Do it every time you see the picking. I bet that will break the habit. You can also smear a thin layer of petroleum jelly inside the nose to keep it from drying out.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 10:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I use this poem from Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstien.
    Inside everyones nose, lives a sharp toothed snail.
    Stick your finger in, he will bite off your nail.
    Stick it further in, and he will bite your ring off.
    Stick it all the way, and he'll bite the whole darn thing off!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We just tell our son to do it in the bathroom and he does for the most part. Occasionally he will pick one and chase his aunt around with a booger on his finger, but that's just funny.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011