What if your kid is a morning- and you are a evening person?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol if they had a rough night or im super ired i get them some milk and put in a cartoon in their room and lay in their beds.... 2-3 hours of sleep is not enough for this mommy!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Then you REALLY have to adjust to being a morning person.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids ARE morning and I'm a night owl...or sometimes I fluctuate, but more or less...I just round about 5-6 hours a night. If its school related, I get the kids out the door and go back to sleep for an extra hour.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 4:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• trade kids with somebody? LOL Just kidding of course ! Can you set an alarm clock for your children and tell them they need to stay in bed for just one extra hour each morning.....I'm sure you'd like more, but I think an hour is plenty to ask for now, and besides you will need them to get up for school etc.... you can even tell them they don't have to be asleep during that hour, but they do need to remain in bed until the alarm goes off.... I'm a morning person and so are my kids...I'm so thankful.....but I sympathize....I do know what its like to miss out on sleep I need....it was for other reasons though and I could see a light at the end of the tunnel, so I had something to look forward to....good luck to you !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids wake up differently every morning. Every day during vacation they slept until at least 9am. Most of the time it was later than that. I kept their bedtime the same. My kids are super lazy in the morning and just lay down and watch TV. They don't even want breakfast until lunchtime, unless it is a school day and I make them eat something.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I learned to be a morning person. I go to bed earlier so that I can take care of my daughter properly. Depending on their age, kids can get themselves so cereal and read a book till you are ready to get up. When they are small and need supervision, though, you have to suck it up and be the parent. Welcome to parenthood.
    MammaG

Answer by MammaG at 9:59 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you have the luxury, allow your SO to get up with the kiddo. You can also let him take care of the kid while he gets ready for work, if that works. I get up with DS almost every morning, because DH is a night person, and I am the morning person of the two of us. I get DS ready for the day, make breakfast, and get myself ready, then wake up DH so I can go to the gym. So far, it's working for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had that problem. My first son would wake up so happy, and I would be barely functioning. I started going to bed a little earlier each night, and guess what? I'm now a morning person. It wasn't by choice, and it wasn't easy, but most moms make adjustment to their lives, in one way or another, when the kids come along.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If a kid is a morning person it is not our child. Me and my SO are night owls or middle of the day owls or whatever. Neither of us are functioning in any mornings. I am usually a zombie until noon. But children usually need some feeding and talking and cuddles in the morning. So I can lay downstairs on the sofa, give them something to play with and I can talk to them when they ask something and I can listen to their stories. When you decide to let a child into your house (espec when through your tummy) you do know you will never-ever sleep anymore, you will never-ever be calm and cool anymore, and you will have make so many sacrifices now on: like taking the birthday poppies to walk, eat the unwanted pieces from their pies, put their name into unnamed school hats because they loose it/ forget it/change it with other kids/ etc.:P But yeah, you get so much hug and love and children talk fun back to exchange:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011