Went to a new church and love the service iam thinking about joining

How long should i wait before i join a new church

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:04 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You might want to go a few more times to make sure it is something you want.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• a couple months, get to know people better
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If you feel that it's the right church then join! Get involved with things in church and you will do great.
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would ssay a few months and get involved in some of the ministries so that you can get a more well-rounded view of the ministry as a whole.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't know there was a specific waiting period. I say if you like it and enjoy it then go ahead and join. If you find out later it wasn't all you thought you can always leave.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• you can join anytime you feel its the right decision..unless of course, this particular church requires certain 'steps' for membership. however, what i'd suggest you do is talk to the pastor/minister/etc and get the real scoop on what this church actually believes, proposes, and teaches. you wouldn't join a community social group just because they eat at fun places, would you? well..anyhoo..do your research, ask questions, and pray. if you get the go-ahead in your heart AND mind, then by all means, join the membership, and live long and prosper!
    just be informed of what you're joining.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The churches I've attended and ones that family have attended offer classes that basically tell you what they believe, their vision, etc. and at the end you have the option of becoming a member or not. Ask other members or the pastor what the procedure is. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed it! That's an excellent start to the year :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't know.. the church I have been going to now for 4 yrs I have been part of the family since day one. I am now a greeter, and I help set up before church and tear down after and just help where ever I can.
    We do not have membership... you are in the day you come and choose to stay.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• what i think the best thing to do is pray about it. that is how my father found our church and so glad that he took this step as this church is wonderful and it's growing so much ever since it was founded. it's got over 13 million members all over the world. i think the lord will answer accordingly.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2011