Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Tax question

My brother has a full time job. 3 months ago his former employer asked him to work part-time for them but they required him to work through a company. So he set up an LLC company. He’s now trying to pay estimated tax for the LLC company but not sure how to go about it. Here’s the situation.
- for the full time job, he gets W2 and files jointly with his wife
- for the part-time job does he file using the LLC company name or personal name. If personal, can he file jointly with his wife also?

He lives in California and so has to file 1040ES and 504ES

Any help is appreciated.

Answer Question

Asked by wanita61 at 6:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 5 (85 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Unless the wife is part of the LLC in some owner/vested capacity, he cannot file business taxes jointly. And keep in mind that his LLC tax info will trickle down into the personal filings and may impact that as well.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
money quick

Next question overall (Pets)
teacup dogs