Baby blues / Post partum... Better or worse with second?

I had my DD 5 years ago and a couple days after I had her I was VERY emotional. I was crying for mo reason and was just sad. It lasted for several weeks and it was a horrible feeling. Is it better or worse with your second? The baby will be due when my DD starts kindergarten, so that is already stressing me out. I was already wondering how our new schedule would work and now I will have a newborn on top of it. I am wondering if this will put me in a depression. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop stressing out. It won't help you anyway. Do you know why a new schedule is good? Because you've never tried it. So if it works it is good. If it doesn't work you still can change things. You don1t have to worry about your older. Kindergarten will be a good adventure for her. Believe me children only cries until they can see their mum or dad. When mummy or daddy leaves they are fine after 5 minutes. They just cry to make you feel bad and stay with them. But when you leave they can play and enjoy their friends:) If you feel depressed with the new baby, go for baby massage and/or counselling. It is really good for the new mummies. I have a friend who does baby massage for mums with post natal depression. It makes wonders:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• with my second it was way worse.. i came home and the next day it started.. after 3 days at home i had to rush back to dr... i couldnt eat and was throwing up all the time.. and couldnt stop hysterically crying... and that was with meds... after they got me on something stronger and i started seeing a therapist it really helped.. if your already feeling it ask to be put on meds and talk to a therapist.. my ob has one on staff just for these issues...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 8:51 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mine got worse with each child, but the worst thing you can do about it is stress over it before it happens. Kindergarten will be great - it will give your daughter some time away from the new baby, and you some time alone with the new baby. It will be good for all of you!

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I can relate. My DD started Kindergarten this past August and my DS was born this past September. I had severe ppd after my DD was born and was on meds for over a year. I have ppd now that started the week my DS was born. I can tell you that the my ppd experience now is so much better than it was 5 yrs ago after my DD. Its like night and day. It is so much easier to deal with since I prepared myself and had my support in place. Kindergarteden is great. I love having my alone time with the baby and my DD loves school and she learns so much. Its wonderful when she comes home and shares with me what she has learned. I wish you the best of luck and everything will be fine!!
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• With my first child Iwas perfectly fine besides missing being pregnany but I never got real upset about it but with my second I cried for an entire week over nothing really, I just wanted my husband all the time which he couldnt be there with me cause he was working two jobs at the time. I was the saddest I had ever been but so happy at the same time that I had just give birth to my little girl. It was just baby blues with me cause it didnt last very long. So I would say it just depends on you, just hope for the besy cause I know how you felt and nvr want to go through ne thing like that again. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011