When was YOUR first time?

When was your first time feeling your baby kick?

I am 21 weeks and have only felt flutters...no strong kick yet :(
I hope this is normal.

BRITTN3Y

Asked by BRITTN3Y at 8:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah I think I was around 17 weeks or so but this is my 2nd one so I know what I'm looking for. Flutters are normal at this stage, but VERY shortly you'll be feeling some whoppers!! Congrats!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sounds very normal to me. The baby has plenty of room right now. When the baby gets bigger those flutters will turn into full blown punches, rolls, and kicks. I even felt hick ups!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:57 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• around 5 months. it as lots of flutters for awhile then one day.BAM. he kicked me hard.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:55 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That sounds normal!! I never felt the really hard kicks until closer to 25 weeks or so. When you are earlier in the pregnancy, the baby has a lot more room to move around.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i think i was around 5 months....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was 14 weeks (I know, super early!). DH and I were on a cruise for our honeymoon, and we were on the bed. I was laying on my tummy, and I got the flutters! It was pretty amazing! I didn't get them regularly for awhile after that, but I felt them once a week or so after that.
    DH got to feel his first kick around 20 weeks. We had just been to the OB and had asked when DH would be able to feel them. He said in a couple more weeks. That evening, we were sitting on the couch together, and I was getting some good strong flutters, and I thought, well, maybe he'll be able to feel these! I put his hand over them, and he got a few, then he got a good hard THWACK! His face lit up with the BIGGEST smile that I will never forget. That was an amazing moment!
    I am still convinced I was 10 days ahead of where the docs said I was, so these dates may be off.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was 4 months and the flutters are normal.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011