Sudden Back Pain! Advice, Please!

Last night i had the worse cramps(worse of having them a week). By morning they were gone thankfully. My period was hasnt been normal the past 6months so it possible that i might be pregnant. i know, i should of taken a test but i took one months ago n it was negative. I have all the sign. Im suppose to be getting my period today, it hasnt come yet. Anywho, all morning ive had this on and off sudden back pain like something pressin against the back side of the right of my ribs and then a pain in my lower back like something hitting a nerve but pressing my ribs. im at school. what can i do for the pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• It could be a kidney infection. If the pregnancy test still says negative I would make an appt with your pcp just to be sure. Kidney infections can cause back pain and pain= stress. Stress can make you miss your period.
    ellegrl

Answer by ellegrl at 9:13 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i know its not kidney infection though. my period has been late, short, spotting, and sometimes early the past 6months. And this is first time ive had sudden back pain like this. Any other time over the past few months it was jus like something kick me in the rib but not often.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It wouldn't hurt to call your OB. Maybe if anything else they could give you an idea of what's going on. Good luck!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 3, 2011