Christmas Tree help

What do you store your tree in? We recently bought a prelit tree only it doesn't fit into the plastic stoarge box that our other tree was stored in for the last 12 years. There is nothing large enough to fit the tree as we have looked. What do you out your tree in and where did you find it.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Holidays

• I bought a rolling bag on clearance for about $3. The entire tree fits in it.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We kept the original box that our prelit tree came in, and that's where we store our tree. My sister stores the individual sections in those industrial sized garbage bags.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My friend takes all the ornaments off, then covers it with trash bags. She stores it in her utility room in her basement (upright).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• mine comes apart so i just saved the box and we put it back in there every year and store it in the store area of the garage
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I take mine apart, put a large trash bag over the parts, then place it into a rubber made storage container. Mine fits in two of them. My friend and mil though store their upright. If I had room to do it that way I would.

Answer by gemgem at 9:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We usually save the box that it came in... that is what we do... there are tree storage bags for trees up to 9 ft you can
    look at hardware stores, Lowe's any place that sells trees also online...
    the other tree we have never had a box (handed down to us, it's about 30 yrs old) and we just tie it up and store it
    on our enclosed back porch with a white sheet over it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We use the box it originally came in. But since you don't have that.......BIG black trash bags. You can even cut and piece them together to go around the bigger sections.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We put our other tree in it so we don't have the box anymore. We have to haul it to the basement so hauling it down there and sitting it back up covering it and then taking it back apaprt sounds like a lot of work. I want one of those bags with the handles but I don't know where to get it at
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011