When did you change your LO over to a toddler bed?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he was 1.5 and climbed out of his crib!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:19 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My husband and I just transitioned our two year old to a full size bed from the crib only because she was ready for it. We didn't want to invest in a toddler bed because she would be out of it soon and she loves our queen-sized bed...
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 9:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• the first was about 15 months the 2nd was about 19 months
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think he was two. He had a convertable crib, so I just took the side off. It wasnt that he was trying to climb out, he was really good about staying in there, but he was getting to be too heavy to lift up and down.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• dido....i changed him to a toddler bed when he could consistently climb out of his crib...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't use a toddler bed for either one of my girls. By 18 months old they were both in regular twin size beds because they didn't like the crib. I'd put pillows on the floor when they slept in case they fell out of the bed which they NEVER have. I didn't use the bed rails because they didn't like and wouldn't sleep in the bed with them on - I guess they felt like they were in a crib again. We never had any problems, they loved the real beds and never fell off the beds either.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My oldest moved from his crib to a twin mattress on the floor at 2.5 years. He never even tried to climb out of the crib, so we just left him there as long as he was ok with it, which was until 2.5 years, at which point he decided he didn't want to sleep in the crib any more.

My youngest is 20 months and still sleeps in the pack-n-play next to my bed. She'll get a big bed when we move to a bigger apartment and she has her own room, in another month or two.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• DD was 2 yrs old when we introduced her to the bed. We had a crib for her but she slept with me until then. The transition was smoother than I thought - she was stoked & we went out & got her new sheets & let her pick them out. She loves her bed now & never looked back. :) She doesn't even get up & come in my room until she's up for the day.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I did when i got mine potty trained and they were ready.Also bought those bars that slip under mattress so the would help when they rolled out! Again praise them as big boys or girls !! Good luck!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When they started climbing out of the crib lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011