How would you handle this?

My BFF has a DD that had a baby at the age of 13. She just had another one in August. She is a selfish brat, who basically drained her mom dry, then moved in with the mom of her boyfriend. She is now 18. Anyway, both times she got pregnant I loaned her my hospital breast pump. I spent 300 bucks on this thing. Anyway, my DD came to me yesterday to inform me that this girl posted on her facebook, that she was "looking to sell HER breast pump" if anyone was interested. I am beyond pissed! I want to hold on to it for my girls. My oldest is already 20...I am sure in the next 10 yrs I can expect grand kids. I called my bff and asked her to get it back, telling her a "friend" of mine was expecting and wanted to borrow it...leaving out the facebook thing. But I want so badly to confront this brat...more nerve than a bad tooth. I am so sick of dealing with her shit! On New Years Eve her BF beat her up, and she refused to press charges. I am sick of her getting away with walking all over people. What would you do?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask for it back. You don't need an excuse. Just tell her you want it. It's yours.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:23 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'd ask for it back. I think the excuse is fine, if you don't get it back soon I'd bet that you'll never see it again.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't even touch that breast pump anymore. Not I would give it to my children to nurse my grand children. I feel like bad people are dirty and I don1t want to make any contact with them. I would bury even the picture of that breast pump and I would write this experience to the: learning experience list. I would say probably I owed that pump for the evil. So let it burn, leave it. And delete that girl from facebook, stop every conversations and everything with her. Say thank you for God she is not your children and move on. You can get another breast pump for your children what will be new and only theirs. And don't lend anything to people who are not good at all. Forget the time and feeling waster. There are so many good people on this world who need help. Help them next time:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She is not on my fb, on my DD's. You don't use the tubes and funnels etc, get new, it is the pump itself that is reusable and very expensive! At any rate, even if I wanted to sell it, it is MINE to sell, not hers. Where does she get off pocketing the cash for that?
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would call her Mom (your friend) and say " this may sound odd & I hate to be a pain but my daughter was on facebook & noticed that your daughter is selling the breast pump I let her borrow!" Hesitate then say, I would REALLY like it back so my daughters can use it someday." Can you please get that back for me since It cost me so much money & I intended on saving it. Let her Mom deal with it. Then if you do not receive it back, let it go. But I would definitely make a big point of this ASAP. Good luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I just think its weird that someone would want to use someone else's breast pump. That is like using someone else's toothbrush or wearing someone else's underwear. Tell her you want your breast pump back.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ladies! The pump is a machine that does not touch any body part! The personal items hook up to the machine...you buy your own. OMG, this is not to question!
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• This young woman is suffering. I am sorry you are so angry at her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• tootoobusy, suffering? She has it made, everyone falling all over themselves to pay her way. I don't get how you can even make this assumption.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• She may be making the assumption she's suffering because her BF beat her up. Maybe she's trying to get money together to leave him? That's not an excuse to sell something that isn't hers, but maybe she's desperate? IDK. In any case, if you want it back, just ask for it back. BTW-I believe breastmilk can get into the pump itself. I don't think it's common, but I'm sure I read that it can when I loaned mine out years ago.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011