One True God?

I keep having dreams that religion is a mask. The bible should not be taken in a literal sense and that the temple of God is our mind and the "lord" himself is actually each of us. I see so many souls leaving bodies all around me and they gather together to form one being. I see the people left took to using old ways of healing and we were able to make things happen with our minds. I use to have these types of dreams when I was younger and now they are back in full force. I am not much for religion so I am not sure why I am even dreaming about this. I see this as well through out my dream "the day Science and Religion will be one and the same." its just weird and I am starting to wish I could have normal dreams.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• These kinds of dreams don't just happen. There is a reason for them, and there are too many possibilities for the reason to even try to discuss here. If I were you, I would call around to the churches in my area and try to find one who has someone on staff who is experienced in dealing with this type thing. They are out there, but you may have to search for a while to find the right one.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:27 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You should read Swami Sri Yukteswar's "Science of Religion" It explains a lot of what you just mentioned. Particularly the Yuga's. The Yugas are age cycles, During the treta yuga, we begin to be able to use our braing for communication. During the Satya Yuga, our brain power is even better & our souls are more pure. We are currently in the Dwapara Yuga, the age ot science & technology, we just stepped out of the kali yuga about 100 years ago. I also believe we are all part of one massive god.

File:Yugas-Ages-based-on-Sri-Yukteswar.png

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Those sound like very interesting dreams!! I can see how they may be disruptive though. The idea that we are all "part of One" divinity is how I feel. I don't believe in any kind of God...I do believe we are all "divine" and that when we all come together, we can do amazing things for others and ourselves!
    I believe we hold the power within to heal and empower and do all that we need to do to achieve true peace and harmony within this life.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• we are in the acsending dwapara yuga, which means things are getting better...next up, treta yuga....oh yeah!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Well, as a Christian, my first thought was, and please don't anyone get offended, I'm not bashing anyone or their beliefs, this is just my belief, my first thought was the enemy (Satan) is at work. His greatest trick of all is convincing people he's not real, and then he's able to work more effectiveley, even in our dreams. Nothing is above him, and he will use anything and anyone to accomplish his goal of making people believe God and the Bible and Heaven and hell are not real. He's read the end of the Bible. He knows in the end, he LOSES,and we WIN! He doesn't want that, but he can't stop it, so he wants to take as many down with him as he can. Sorry if I sound like a religious nut, but I'm not, I'm just someone who has spent a great deal of time studying death, Revelations, the enemy, and how he works.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• CBK, you should read about some other religions & compare.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Now, I have never heard of that chart or what you were talking about, but that sounds about right. And yes, I too thought (when I was younger actually) the devil was behind this. I went to a Catholic school, so that was my first thought, but just as God was brought to life by man, so is the Devil. I can't tell you how I know that, it is just sometime that, as a child, I just knew. I can't shake the feeling for some reason and it can drive me crazy. I feel like I am hiding something from the world when I wake up. Like I know something you don't know type feeling, but honestly I believe, like most of you that we are actually something more then just a human..but I can't tell you what. I am still looking for answer but I feel like I don't want to know the actual answer. These dreams are just messing up life left and right. I have enough to worry about. I miss sleeping too. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You are probably right, samurai. That is something I'm looking at doing this year, is getting more information about other religions. I was looking at the chart you posted. Interesting, although I don't understand it all.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Personally, I don't think science and religion have to be in conflict. I've chosen two paths I found that do not conflict with science--Scientific Pantheism and Buddhism. There are also other paths that blend religion and science very well IMO too. My DH just came across a book that sounds very interesting called 'Holy Science'. I'm definitely interested in reading it, and I think I'll post a question to see if anyone else has already read it. I think it compares the Bible and Bhagavad Gita to show the unity of all religions.

Also, you might find this quote interesting (from a Scientific Pantheism page):

A religion old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the universe as revealed
    by modern science, might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe
    hardly tapped by the conventional faiths. Sooner or later, such a religion will emerge.
    Carl Sagan
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Everyone wants to belong to someone, everyone wants meaning and purpose for their life. It is a deep need that cannot be denied, if it is denied tragic and terrible things enivitably happen. Perhaps this is the expression in your dream. The question to ask is if you want the truth or if you want your own vision. God reveals himself to those who want the truth.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2011