We are having a snow day in soCal!!! Does this mean colleges too? Help!

I can't find the info anywhere, not on the news, website, or college automated menu (it's only 6:28am here and they aren't open yet). Anyways, according to the news, our school district is closed due to snow but I can't find out if my school is closed too. Anybody know if colleges are affected by snow days?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 9:30 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in

• Colleges are not associated with a school district, so public school closings have nothing to do with yours. You'll have to wait until they open and call them to find out for sure.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• In our area (Ohio), colleges rarely close when the regular schools do. The only time they have is when there's been a snow emergency declared.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am in NC and usually the colleges work on the same schedule. Just call them when they open and ask. If youre late youre late. You have an excuse. It isnt like CA gets snow everyday. I am originally from there so I know lol.

Answer by gemgem at 9:32 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• In our town when the public schools closes it doesn't always mean the college closes too so I would try and call when someone is there and find out.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh also try your local news. Usually they will have a weather page, and on ours itll list all closings, delays and cancellations.

Answer by gemgem at 9:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Eh, I say take a day for yourself & enjoy the snow!! For you guys that's a rare occasion!! Go sledding!!! :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Have you called your college yet to see if classes are in session today?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:50 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ps - drive very slowly in the snow. Everything moves differently. And be extremely mindful of other drivers... Glad you got the day off!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Lol is right! We have 4 inches right now and are expecting 8 by the end of the day! This is insane!!!!!!!!!! We are loving it but it sucks since I actually have to drive in it!!!
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It only lists the younger school districts. Bummer!!!!!!

How the hell do I drive in snow????? Oh my....

Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jan. 3, 2011