anyone ever file for unemployment ?

how long did it take to get it ? did you ever have to appeal it and if you did appeal it did you " win " and get your unemployment ?

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have and so has my husband. He actually did have to appeal. His work said he walked off the job and in reality he had complained about some of the workers smoking pot. They drove around and he told his boss he didnt want to get pulled over and arrested because of those fools. Well apparently the boss also smoked lol, so they just never put my husband on the schedule again. We appealed and won. The whole process took about 8 weeks. He was paid from the first week.

Answer by gemgem at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I filed and received it quickly since I was laid off to to the economy at the end of 2008. Never had to appeal it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:40 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• nope, never had to file
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Nope. But my husband did. He was denied also. But luckily he found a job 3 weeks later so we didn't have to appeal their decision.

For us, in Utah, it took them about two weeks to get back. But I'm quite certain that varies from city to city.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011