one year till the planet explodes! 2012-

also my hubby's bday....i am concerned!

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• actually you have almost 2 years~12-21-12 is the big day.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:35 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Except the date is wrong
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/mayan-calendars-2012-doomsday-prophecy-wrong/story?id=11926347

Answer by gemgem at 9:36 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I dont believe any of that stuff.. the world's gonna end because of the way it's treated, not because a calendar ran out of days!
    jperry411

Answer by jperry411 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why are you concerned over something you have no control over? I am not sure that the world will end then anyway. Just don't worry about something you can't control it makes your life miserable
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It wont even end because of that. Earth was here before us, and itll be here after too. It doesnt mean we will though.

Answer by gemgem at 9:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It was gonna blow up in 2000 too. People where stocking up on water and getting in bunkers.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:39 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL! In my lifetime (I'm 41), there have been at least 10 times someone has proclaimed the world is going to end. Obviously they were wrong. :)

If you are referring to the Mayan calender "running out," I can tell you that the people I spoke with in Mexico recently aren't concerned, they say that there will be a catastrophe (earthquake, tidal wave), not the end of the world.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• :D I think the whole thing is silly too... but it is an interesting topic that I can't deny I have a tiny piece of me going 'But what IF..."
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The entire topic scares the crap out of me. I hate the thought that it is predicted that something bad will happen on that day. I bet a lot of us will be trying to sleep through it! Until then, I'll try to block out the thought.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's funny how modern people put so much weight into what a bunch of hallucinagentic taking, human sacrificing, ancient jungle people believed : )
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 10:02 AM on Jan. 3, 2011