Strange pain in the nether-regions adult content

I've already told my doc about this pain about a month or so ago, it comes and goes but lately it seems to be getting worse. At the time my doc kind of brushed it off like there was nothing to worry about and she explained it to me but I can't remember what she said. Something about circulation cut off to the nerves maybe. I sleep on my side (always have) and I know that's the best postition for pregnancy, so that's a bonus for me. I have a pillow between my legs for my back alignment usually, but in the night when I get up to pee or something, that's when I notice the pain the most. I've never experienced a pain like this before. It's in my (sorry tmi) vulva area, ya know, the fleshy part around my hoo-ha. :) It feels more like an ache, like a bruise, or like I have some swollen lymph glands. That's what worried me. At first it was on just the right side, then sometimes the left. I told my mom, who is an LPN about it, and she was concerned. It went away for a bit, and then recently I've been feeling it again, but last night I woke and tried to roll over and it hurt pretty bad for a second. I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Have any of you experienced this and what did you do about it?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Someone bump me! I feel like a freak!! :}
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It could be sore and swollen from hormones. The baby could also be in a position that is effecting a nerve. Mention it at your next appointment but if they aren't too worried I wouldn't be either.
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah, I wasn't too worried after how she reacted when I told her last time. But it seems to be getting worse... I mean I rolled over last night & it stopped me in my tracks for a second. :\ Ahh the joys of motherhood...
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My 1st baby sat on my sciatic nerve. There were times when I would get up in the middle of the night and the pain would literally pull me to the floor. There was nothing they could do and it was a very long last 4 months!

melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had the exact same problem when pregnant with my son....My OB said it was pressure that was being put on a vein and that's what was causing the pain....that pain actually stayed with me even after my son was born for about a month or so, till all of my swelling went down. No worries mama!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i had a strange pain in my whoo ha too. when i was pregnant with my second. it hurt so bad to do anything but the doc said it was just a normal pain and that i needed to rest. when i started feeling the pain i would sit or stand in the shower with the warm water hitting the area for about 15 mins. it relaxed enough for me to go back to sleep
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011