When CM will end the Anonymus terror?

I am so fed up with those jerks post under Anonymus name. They don't even dare to use their names. No backbone no nothing. It would be really time to do something with these villainous people. CM, please, help!!!
Most of them haven't even read the FAQ or how to start CM. So they don't even know anything about this page. And they still up here, still no-one does anything. Sad, sad choices...

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 9:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I AGREE mama 100%!!!! So funny, I just answered someones question about "how to answer anon." I did my best to be cordial and state the facts of the answer but I had to add "I do not understand why". I never could understand this, it's not like anyone can view your address or phone number or any personal info. I have never and would never answer nor ask anything anon.!!! I have nothing to hide from anyone.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• CafeMom has done a good bit with the anon. feature. Not long ago anybody could answer anonymously but now you have to reach level 16 before you can. I don't think it would be fair to completely take it away because there are personal answers/questions that people may not want to identify themselves. If an anon. person is breaking one of the guidelines then report their answer/question. Otherwise, their is always the next button if you don't like their answer/question. It's always best not to feed the troll.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:00 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• With the exception of those who have posted pics., we are all really just nameless, faceless people in computerland here. No need to worry about who says what. I stopped caring what others thought about me back in high school. If someone directs a snide remark in my direction, I say my peace & move on. Life is too short to worry yourself over trivial things. This is supposed to be fun. So enjoy.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I completely agree - I'm so sick of people who hide behind anon and start trouble or are hateful and rude. I think people feel that it's fine to say things that they would not normally say if no one knows who they are. I would also like to see CM make the option that when I post a question I can opt to have no anon answers, if you want to answer my question, do it, but don't hide behind anon so you can be a witch.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I highly doubt it will ever end. It's there for some peoples privacy out other use it just to start problems. That's why the down vote is there and you can also report them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I will post this anon because I have an "Annie" stalker who follows me around CM. This person posts the crudest comments and always manages to attach my SN in her text-even if I'm not involved in the conversation. The only recourse is to report the post. Luckily, my stalker has zero self control or filter because every time I report her, the posts go "poof". She even calls me out about that ...too bad. I just do not understand why CM allows perpetual offenders to remain members.

Anonymous

• One could only hope.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sometimes the anons can be a real pain, but there is a valid use for this feature. I have seen some of the stalking...ugly.

I'm all for the option to be able to select allowing anons to answer YOUR questions or not. There may be some good answers that will not be provided because, for whatever reason, the poster feels she cannot answer as herself; but if YOU, as the person asking the question, don't mind missing a few potentially good answers, in order to avoid the nasty anons, that should be YOUR decision. As it stands we have no choice -- if you ask a question, you take what you get. As soon as an answer looks nasty, I move on to the next one; but it IS annoying to have to sift through the nasties on some questions. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Mrs- disagreeing is fine, but when posters make graphic, crude, inappropriate comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand,and attach your SN, it is offensive, at least to me. Again, I do not understand why the repeated is tolerated by the admin? If these comments are deleted when reported, they obviously contradict the TOS of CM- why not eliminate these people and block their IPS ?

Anonymous

• But what I don't get it what you mean by "how to start CM". What does that mean?? You start CM by signing in. Then it's "started". So instead of being flip you could clarify maybe???? Geesh!
    ****************
    I would have to agree with this. What do you mean the ppl don't know how to start CM? And why vote down an answer that is asking you to clarify or clear up your question? That's kind of petty/caddy don't you think?
    Anonymous