Anyone have any good Diabetic recipes to share?

Unfortunately we find ourselves having to deal with Diabetes, however have been having a time figuring out what to and not to eat..Thought if I could find some good recipes would really help...Can anyone share some recipes they like...."only diabetic based please"...

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My Uncle is diabetic and his wife bought a cook book that has all diabetic recipes in it. She has one that is the slow cooker book too that has them in it. You should check them out. Good luck, I am sure this must be tough.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I cut out sugary foods. a lot of junk food. And bad carb based foods (wheat). I cut back on my portions in meals.
    I found this book, Diabetic Survival Guide, by Stanel Mirsky MD and Joan Rattner Heilman. It has a lot of good stuff in their.

Answer by louise2 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• @ louise2 thanks for the help will check out the book
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• There are so many great blogs out there, check out blogspot and other places, as well as groups on Facebook.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011