What do you think???

I thought me and my ex were trying to work things out. The only communication that there is between us, is through e-mail. We will be e-mailing eachother then there will be an hour or so gap in between his e-mails to me then all I get is a sentence. He was writing me yesterday then all of a sudden I get nothing back, an hour later he writes back and says, sorry I am watching a movie in the other room. I just don't think it is fair that he leaves me hangin' like that. I figured that if we are trying to work things out that he would be willing to dedicate some time to have a conversation with me from start to beginning. I explained this to him and he called me "obsessed". I'm not obsessed, I just want some of his time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• What is good for the goose is good for the gander. In my opinion see how he likes it when you do it to him. If he is serious about working things out he will realize very soon that he is being rude and disrespectable. And that you are right it is coming off as he is not interested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well, if you are ex's I think even if you y'all are trying to work things out. He dont need to answer you right away. Especially if it's through e-mail. Give him some time to respond. Even if it is one Sentence at a time. At least he answered you.
    Maybe he wants space. If y'all arent together! Then he has a right to answer you his way, when he is ready. I know me for one. would not be sitting at a computer waiting for someone to reply no matter who it is. If you want it to work out again and he is saying you are (obsessed) then you need to back off a little bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You are going to need professional help via marriage counselling. I went through an email phase with my ex-husband but we did that when we were actually geographically separated, not in the same house. You HAVE to be able to talk to each other face to face or it will never improve. There cannot be any distractions - no TV - no computer - nothing. You both have to be focussed on each other. From his perspective you are obsessed because he probably doesn't feel there is a problem as you do.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• With all due respect your post sounds really immature.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Men are much less emotional then women. Back off give him time and he may realize you are backing off and decide he doesnt like it. Could work out as an advantage for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• well sounds like you have different expectations of what working it out means. sounds like he was into it and then remembered working relationships take work. I'm gonna guess that you broke up because of similar issues... his inconsistency and/or lack of effort and/or you feeling like you couldn't trust the relationship/his intentions...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I dont think an hour gap between e mails are a huge deal i mean he would have to be sitting in front of the computer constantly.....Y is e mail your only way of communicating?? The situation seems a little odd!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• (IN RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION AND THE ANSWERS) I do feel this is all immature. I would rather talk to him on the phone for a while so that we could actually have a conversation but he does not like to talk on the phone, he does not have a cell phone and this is the only way that he is willing to communicate with me. I want to be strong so that I don't let these things get to me but I guess I am still kinda scared after he shut me out of his life for month and now he wants to try again but only by his way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you guys were really serious about working things out, then wouldn't you be talking in person or on the phone? I wouldn't say you are obsessed, but maybe you are coming on as a little desperate and he doesn't like that. So hope things work out, but give him some space. Take a few more minutes to email him back. Don't do it right away. Show him that you have other things going on too. Then maybe he'll start seeing things differently.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 10:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2008